What a week! It's only Tuesday, huh? This week wraps up the department
head meetings that we've been doing at work. They make the day go by
fast but it's tiring shuttling back and forth to all the meetings (here
in Philly, not going to NYC). We've been doing this over a period of
about 4 weeks. I'm ready to not have so many scheduled meetings
anymore. I've neglected the blog because I've just been pooped
lately...that mixed with my obsession of attempting recipes I see on
TFN (The Food Network) and watching TFN has kept me from blogging...ok,
I admit it: TFN is sometimes more exciting than blogging. Last night I
was fascinated by a guy making beef jerky using HOMEMADE liquid smoke,
bungee cords, fans, and home AC filters...totally serious!
I found a grocery store this weekend that should be condemmed. It is
near our apartment and from the looks of the outside I have never gone
inside. Some may call this superficial but sometimes you DO need to
judge a book by it's cover because sometimes the cover is telling you
the WHOLE story.....in Cliff Notes version.....so you don't have to
suffer through the whole thing. Lesson learned. I needed just one item
so I rushed in. However, upon entering I was thoroughly disgusted and
appalled at it's state. I will never return.
Today is a banner day because it marks exactly one week until my
parents get here. I can't wait! It'll be here before we know it. I've
asked for certain items to be brought to me (like Jardine's chipotle
salsa) which cannot be found in these parts.
Kyle is preparing for another speech. He had one last week where he had to pretend to be the CEO of a company that was having difficulties and talk to stockholders about it. I happened to see an email from the professor that said he did an excellent job. Of course he wouldn't have shown that to me on his own so I have to spread the word that he is doing well in school! He has another speech tomorrow. I will pretend to be the angry audience and put on my stern face. So off I go!
Eating Chinese food.
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment