Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Baddest Place in Philly

Yesterday I went on a FIELD TRIP!!! We had to meet with a department that is out in Moorestown, NJ. They hired a van to take the group out there and I enjoyed the pretty scenery. The place was out in the country...it looked so cute and New England. Who knew New Jersey, car jacking capital of the world, could be so quaint?!

However, by the time 5 o'clock rolled around I suppose a Nor'easter blew through because the temp dropped about 30 degrees. AND it was raining AND of course I didn't bring my Inspector Gadget raincoat OR my umbrella. Thankfully, the office is across the street from the subway stop so I ducked into the subway which took me a few blocks, then I had to travel a pedestrian walkway that has an outlet right across the street from my apartment door. I can pretty much get from work to home barely having to go outside. I hesitated taking this route because I tried it once before and aborted that mission as quickly as it began. The underground was deserted and smelled like the homeless people used it as a bathroom...if ya know what I mean.... However, a few weeks ago KB came home one rainy day and told me how he discovered this pedestrain walkway and how great it is to use when there's bad weather and it lets you out right at the apartment and I should try it. I believe the term "great" was used very liberally because great it was not. The path was just as I remembered it. Dank, stinky and yuck. Peeee-uuuu! The Philadelphia underground is a dirrrrty, dirty place to be. I will only take it in emergency weather situations. The NYC subway is squeaky clean compared to the Philly system. EEEEWWW!

Kyle's speech went well yesterday. He felt good about it. Last night he went to a recruiting dinner at a restaurant called Fork in the area of Philly they call Old City, the historic part of town. Lucky KB! I had a glamorous evening of my own compiling a grocery list and watching Martha Stewart's Apprentice Show. Marcella stays in...YAY! She's my fave.

I'm going to attempt steak tomorrow night. I'll report back on how it turns out. I'm a cooking machine, I tell ya!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin