Tuesday, September 13, 2005

West Philadelphia, Born and Raised....(you know the song)

Do you remember the tv show "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air"? Will Smith rapped the theme song about living and growing up in the rough neighborhood of West Philly. Well today I saw that part of the city. Since I've already bored you (and myself) with several days worth of shopping excursions I won't go into detail about today's shopping adventure but suffice it to say that I ventured through West Philly and I survived.

Overheard excerpts from the subway passengers in front of me included: "smoking a joint", "my 12-guage", and "sometimes you just gotta check 'em out, take 'em out!" (let me clarify the context of this phrase was more of checking someone out of this life, not checking someone out because they're good looking...are ya with me?) Oh, and lots of profanity about the Eagles losing their football game last night.

All in all, it was another adventurous day...most likely my last for a while since tomorrow is back to work for me. Going into the Big City (NYC) to start off my first day. Pray for me because I'm a little nervous.

Right now, I'm in the B-School computer lab with Kyle. We are killing time until we go hear the CEO of Starbucks give a lecture at 5 PM. It should be really interesting. I'm hoping he'll have a fit of generosity and give out Starbucks gift cards. Wouldn't that be great? :)

Misto flavor of the day
Kyle: Cookies N Cream
Lori: Cookies N Cream
Cost: $3.09

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin