Sunday, September 25, 2005

Weekend Fun

Yesterday was a long day I went to NYC to meet up with my friends, Kimberly & Dee. We've been friends for several years and met in Houston. Dee moved to Connecticut about 6 months ago and Kimberly moved to NYC about 1 month ago. So we're all pretty close to eachother up here and I see Kim when I'm in NYC for work but I hadn't seen Dee. So we made a Girls Day of it.

Kim lives in Greenwich Village which is so quaint and fun. There was a festival going on in Little Italy so we browsed the vendors, took in the music, and ate some good Italian food. I had pizza for lunch and a canoli for dessert. I'd never tasted a canoli but I've heard of them and what better place to try one? It was to die for! Yuuuummmy :)

Then we went to Canal Street on the hunt for some Chinese-smuggled brand name purses/jewelry/perfume/you-name-it. Like Harwin in Houston but 1000 times more exciting. It was on Canal Street that we experienced the mysterious and elusive "Upper Room". Dee was really dying to go into this little black door that people mysteriously were coming in and out of and some serious-looking man was guarding. I suppose we said the "secret password" because the "guard" let us go in. We followed a little Asian lady up 3 flights of stairs and came to an abandoned floor with nothing but two rooms in the far corner of the floor. We were led to one of the rooms and the door closed behind us. All around us were handbags...Prada! Coach! Gucci! Louis Vuitton! everywhere! It really was fabulous.

After Canal Street we toodled around SoHo and visited some little unique shops and stores. We went through Washington Square Park and saw all the ecclectic and interesting people, street performers, & your average, everyday drug dealer hanging out in the Square. We ate at a cute little bistro across the street from Kimberly & Jeff's 350 square foot apartment. Yes, 350 square feet!!



All in all, it was a fun day but my feet and legs were killing me from all the walking. I really love New York! What an exciting city.

We went back to Trinity Baptist today and took our friend, Kara the Aggie. There were more people in attendance today and we enjoyed the sermon and songs. Kara is SUCH a blessing. She has a car so she drove us all to church and then we went grocery shopping at the BIG (Kroger-like) grocery store that Kyle and I can't get to because we are slaves to PT (public transportation) and it is too far for our little feet to carry us there. We stocked up.

Kyle had a study group over again tonight. There's not much to report on what he's doing except for studying. He has mid-term tests this week. On Teusday and Thursday nights. I guess it's time to hit the sack. Tomorrow's a new week!

Misto flavor of the day:
Kyle: N/A
Lori: Fudge Brownie
Cost: $2.99

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin