Monday, September 12, 2005

PT Can Be Challenging

PT is what I like to call Public Transportation, by the way.

Today was almost a repeat of the other day when my attempt to make it to the Columbus Crossing shopping center slowly unfolded in pedestrian disaster. I was internally fuming about the #25 bus and my second failed attempt at using PT (or so I thought). After about 17 minutes standing half in the tree shade and half in the 90 degree sun I just about gave up on the 25 when it finally showed up. Apparently, the buses are not as frequent on Columbus Blvd. as they are in the city like I'm used to. Good to know.

I stopped at Target first and figured I would walk to Ikea. However, as I trekked across the asphalt "desert" I felt much like Kyle probably did if you've ever heard him tell the story of attempting to walk to the Arc d'Triomphe in Paris.
Important lesson learned: large structures make it difficult to guage distance

There was a Chick-fil-A in front of Ikea that was just the oasis I needed. Chick-fil-A lemonade was my motivation to make it across the large street and 2 parking lots. I stopped in for lunch, got my things at Ikea, and took an air-conditioned cab back home.

Overall it was a fun trip but took about 3 times longer than it would have in Houston. I can't believe my whole day was going to Ikea?!

I think I'm going to make nachos for dinner. Kyle will be home at 7PM. He has some lectures to attend.

Hmmm...they're saying LA has lost power in parts of the city. I'm going to watch the news.

Misto flavor of the day
Kyle: N/A
Lori: choc/vanilla custard
Cost: $2.69

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin