Friday, September 30, 2005

Phour Seasons Philly-Style! (and on a student budget)


It's dusk in Philadelphia. Above is the view from our apartment tonight. It's a beautiful night. We can keep the windows open instead of using the A/C. Kyle and I are going to wind down from the long week by going to the Four Seasons for dessert. On Friday evenings, they have live music in the lounge/bar area. It should be nice. I'm looking forward to it.

Today especially I seem to be missing everyone back home. I've felt that way all day. And thanks to you, Kristen, for making me cry in the lobby of our building! Way to go. I got your card today and after missing home it was just what I needed to push me over the edge and send a little tear down my cheek :) I'm sure I looked like a real winner to the crowd assembled waiting for the elevator....crying over mail?! What a girl....

Well, I do have a funny story that Kyle told to me to cheer me up. Kyle was on the subway and a man boarded who was wearing pants very low on his hips and had 2 cell phones strapped to his belt. One phone started ringing (the ring tone was a rap song...apparently one with a good beat). He took his phone off his hip, looked at it, put back on his belt, then started dancing to the rap song in his seat. The people on the trolley laughed. But then another phone call came in and he stood up and started dancing toward the front of the trolley. Full blown arm-pumping and hip-swaying dancing in the aisle of the subway. I can imagine that was a funny sight and it made me laugh ;)

We're off to the Four Seasons! Dessert, here we come!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin