Monday, September 19, 2005

Adventures in NYC....again

It was another early morning because I went into NYC today. There's always a surprise when I commute. Good thing I left work on time and didn't heed the call of Old Navy beckoning me to browse it's 2 floors of racks. I showed up at Penn Station at 6:05 only to discover that my 6:20 train was CANCELLED. Yes, cancelled. I bypassed the line and ran to an Amtrak man and he said that the 6:09 train was going my direction if I could catch it. I turned and ran as if the man had told me my last chance of survival on the earth depended on that train. I plowed a few people but I made it and as soon as I sat down the train took off. Phew! At least I got in a little early. That was the good news. Funny...I always tease Kyle that he doesn't wear flip flops out on the streets. He always tells me matter-of-factly "what if you have to run?". And when I left the house in flip-flops this morning I jokingly said "hope I don't have to run! hee hee!"....the joke's on me, I guess.

This new part of the blog is Kyle's idea. Whenever I go to NYC I will visit a new store at lunch time and report on the interesting things I see there...whether it be clothes/people/observations

Today it was Saks Fifth Avenue.
In the jeans department I witnessed an incredible spectacle of a man who must have been a personal shopper, certainly very gay. Who could take one look at you and tell you what size jeans you needed and, after reviewing each jean tried on, would rate your sexy factor along with the butt lift factor a jean brand and style gave you. He also would give you his dead honest opinion about how your booty looked with no apologies or fluff. If I had to do some serious shopping I would definitely take him with me over a girl.

Misto flavor of the day
Kyle: Cookies n Cream
Lori: Strawberry Shortcake
Cost: $5.97

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin