She and mommy are fine. Kyle and I came home from the hospital Sunday morning and I took a long nap. Being hooked up to an IV, fetal heart rate monitor, and oxygen mask all night really put a damper on my sleeping pattern Saturday night.
Thankfully my sweet husband entertained John indoors all day yesterday while it was raining so I could take a nap and lay on the couch and conserve my energy for today since I would be on my own. I definitely think all that rest helped me feel much better today. Who says this pregnancy thing isn't hard on the guys too? I guess more so once you already have an active child to care for.
I did feel like it was a bit of a dress rehearsal being at the hospital. Once again, I was crying as I entered the maternity ward....just as I did with John. You'd think the second time around I would be a little less psycho but I was just as freaked this time. I'm sure everyone thought I was crying because of the pain....no, m'am....just freaked out.
I had a wonderful L&D nurse they assigned to me since they thought I was going into labor. She's an Aggie and even attended our same church for a while but has since moved elsewhere. I enjoyed visiting with her and I'm hoping she'll get to be my nurse when I actually do go into labor. That would just be great! A familiar, friendly face.
Well tomorrow is my next doctor appointment. I'm not expecting anything major. I have 4 friends that are pregnant this month. 2 of them have already had their babies and 2 have scheduled C-sections next week. Watch me, Ms.-4-CM-Dialted-Your-Water's-About-To-Bust-At-Any-Moment, have my baby the very last of them all....
Hey, but at least I'm READY! very, very ready! Can't catch me off guard. I can now even revise my packed bag based on my most recent trip. Yes, siree....I am set FOR SURE.

No comments:
Post a Comment