Saturday, March 07, 2009

A Day To Be Quiet

Today I've experienced something that is so foreign...lots of peace and quiet.

Kyle and John left early this morning for a "Guy's Day" to College Station. John was long overdue to visit Granny and Papaw and Mammaw and Grandpa, who are in town from CA. Kyle played some golf and I hear John enjoyed a fun-filled day of eating Granny's famous grilled cheese, eating all the blueberries he could possibly stand, riding in golf carts, dining at Miramont, and playing with some of his favorite people, including Aunt "Teen-Teen" (Christina).

I sure missed my little buddy but it was an amazing thing to actually dry my hair, get dressed, and put on my face without having to find a new activity to distract John every 5-7 minutes. I helped host a baby shower for a friend earlier today. Thankfully Anna did not make a dramatic entrance at someone else's party....how embarrasing would that be?! So I ate dinner by myself and am hanging out doing nothing and loving it! I'm going to sign off now so I can go enjoy doing whatever it is that I want to do.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin