Kyle, John, and I went to Discovery Green yestesrday morning to kill some time and enjoy the nice weather outside. Discovery Green is a somewhat new park downtown. It's been around for about a year.
John played on the playground, we observed the remote-controlled sailboats racing in the lake, and sat at a table to eat our picnic lunch. We were eating next to a big stage and someone started leading a kids/adult aerobic class. John got very excited about going over to the grassy knoll where everyone was "dancing". We took him over so he could dance but he just stared at everyone. Meanwhile Big Mama was waving her arms and legs wildly in hopes of bouncing this baby out of the womb. I'm sure people were looking at me thinking "a woman in your condition should not be doing this much activity". But I was.
So I was reading over my last several posts and realized that I sound very complainy regarding my pregnancy and not being able to move around. I felt convicted after listening to today's church sermon on gratitude. I have a lot to be thankful for so I will quit complaining about my aches and pains. Mostly, these past few weeks, I have just felt like a kid waiting for Christmas. You know when you are little and it seems Christmas will NEVER come---that's how I feel because I really am excited about meeting the little one. So no more complaints--I know the end is near--which is really only the BEGINNING of something new and exciting.

1 comment:
If you end up coming to the hospital on Friday come see me before they induce you! :)
Post a Comment