Kyle reminded me of a high school girl we met last week riding her bike through the neighborhood passing out flyers for dog walking and babysitting while she was off school from spring break. "CALL HER!", he demanded. Ok, I have reached my limit. I will call a 14 year old who I don't know to watch my child for 3 hours. Really, what's the worst that can happen?
So today was the day. I scheduled a pedi refresher. The babysitter showed up at 9 AM. John was skeptical. I went to finish getting ready and by the time I left John and Kelsey were playing in his room and he waved me away saying "bye mommy!"
I was early for the pedi so I went to Starbucks where I called Kyle and whispered into the phone "I'm at Starbucks....drinking a decaf cappuccino....by myself!" Obviously I am crazy for not doing this sooner but honestly I didn't realize how much those 2 days at Mother's Day Out really keep my sanity in check....especially being pregnant. It's hard to lift and get on the floor and run around after John when I have 2 other little feet permanently stuck in my ribs most of the day.
So I had a great morning and now I'm refreshed and ready for the afternoon!

No comments:
Post a Comment