Saturday, March 14, 2009

Greetings From The Hospital

Before anyone freaks out on me I am not in labor.

Earlier today I started to feel some cramping and pain. Then I started shivering and I was getting a little worried. I didn't want the pain to escalate really fast and be caught off guard. I called the doctor's office and they wanted me to come in and get checked out. It's very rainy here and I knew my parents needed time to come to our house to watch John and we had a long drive to the Med Center. So we went ahead and came in. Turns out I had a 102 fever and baby's heart rate was in the 200s and it should've been in he 150s. So they gave me oxygen, tylenol, and now we are watching Anna's heart rate go down and my temp decrease. I have had a few contractions but nothing really intense.

They have to keep me overnight and the doctor will come check me out tomorrow. If my contractions don't intensify I can most likely go home.

What's really wacky is my friend, Dee, is in the room down the hall. We were talking with the nurse about the doctor on call and she mentioned one of his other patients came in tonight. Kyle and I thought, "Wouldn't that be funny if Dee were here?" We asked the nurse if she had blond hair and a walker and she said yes. Then Kyle texted her husband, Chris, and they are here too. So funny (in a weird coincedence way not ha ha funny). She is not in labor but is dealng with a back sprain.

So at least Kyle has company. He and Chris headed out to get some food....and Dee and I are hooked up to fetal heart rate monitors. Exciting times.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin