Thursday, May 18, 2006

Yankee Stadium

Today was one of the most difficult working days I've had so far. I know you'll feel great pity for my harsh schedule......I worked half a day in NY this morning and then at noon I absolutely had to leave to attend a Yankees game with our consultant and 2 other co-workers. I must say it was a beautiful day for a ballgame.

On the way to the game I discovered the art of walking down a crowded street very quickly while having a conversation with my co-worker and dodging people all at the same time. For an uncoordinated soul such as myself I was just happy to not trip and hit the pavement or body-slam someone on the street during the rush.

But back to the game....the Yankees played the Texas Rangers. Last night Kyle struck the fear of Moses in me to not root for Texas or even have the slightest appearance of being a Rangers fan or I would surely get beaten up. Apparently the Yankee fans are a tough crowd. So I was very quiet during the game, cheering silently inside. I'm happy to report the Rangers won the game 6-2 and I left the stadium with no black eyes or profanities yelled at me. I would say it was a successful game.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin