Monday, May 08, 2006

Weekend with Mom

The weekend was great. I took the 1st part of the architecture test on Wednesday. Not sure how I did so, PASS or FAIL, I'll be surprised. I'll be obsessed with the mail for the next couple weeks.....but that's no different than any other day. I luuuuv getting mail (except for the bills)

Kyle finished finals on Thursday so he is completely finished with the first year!!! His grades are slowly trickling in but for some reason the professors are not in much of a rush to get them out.

My mom came in town Wednesday night and we went to NY on Thursday and
Friday. We toodled around....saw a Broadway show (The Drowsy Chaperone) that was soooo funny, people watched in Central Park, went to the Met Museum, ate a lot and walked A LOT more. Our legs were dangling from our hips by their last ligaments by Friday afternoon. Ouch!

We went to Longwood Gardens on Saturday. Kyle's friends, Santiago & Sherry, came into town from New Jersey and joined us for that. A good time was had by all especially enjoying the BEATUIFUL weather. I love spring. I'd like to bottle it and sell it. I think I could make a small fortune and retire early.......

So I missed my friend, Juliann’s, baby shower this weekend. I made invitations for it and was super upset to not be there in person. Last night I called her to see how it went and we chatted about the gifts she got and we discussed other scary and mysterious things about pregnancy. She’s due in mid June. WELL, a few hours after we talked I got a text message in the middle of the night saying that she went to the hospital at midnight last night. Thirty minutes & three pushes later Baby Kendall came into the world almost 6 weeks early! I couldn’t believe it. But baby and mom are doing very well. I’m so happy for them!

And that’s all for today...it’s back to a regular week for us.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin