Ahhhh, home at last....I feel like I've been walking all day. hmmm...probably because I have been! I realized today that I could not live in NY without baby wipes and Yankee Candle air fresheners. The air fresheners are working REALLY well. It smelled beautiful in our place today. Also, I love the baby wipes because I come home and wipe down my little feet from all the dirt and grime of the streets and slip on my pink fuzzy house slippers....good smells and fuzzy slippers....this must be heaven......small pleasures but that's all I got here.
So this morning I walked down my new street to the hair dresser to get my hair cut. I was walking on the sidewalk and I noticed a woman taking her dog for a pee. I was trying to avoid the pee and as I got closer I thought the lady looked quite familiar. Just as I was passing, I heard her talk to her dog and my suspicions were confirmed...it was Susan Sarandon. Hey neighbor! I almost stepped in her dog's pee and walked right by her. I played it cool. She had big white sunglasses on and kinda turned sideways as I passed. I'm sure she wouldn't want to be bothered looking like The Grunge at 9:30 AM. I know I sure wouldn't. That's my first official celeb sighting (no the Today Show people don't count anymore).....at least a real movie star within a 2' proximity. So this one counts big.
Kyle worked from home until about 5PM and then we went up to Central Park to walk around since he was getting a bit stir crazy being inside all day. There was a little street fair going on down the street which we enjoyed. And that was our first free non-working day in NY.
Eating Chinese food.
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment