Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Fishy Experience

Yesterday Kyle got off work at 6 PM (miracle of all miracles). It was a good thing too because Aunt Jan was in NYC for a convention so we got to have dinner with her and she saw our place. We enjoyed visiting with her and we went to a restaurant on Union Square called Blue Water Grill. I've been hearing about BWG from so many different people in the span of one week so I was curious to try it out. Now I'm not a big seafood fan but the waiter said the Chilean Sea Bass in Ginger Soy Sauce was a best seller so.....when in Rome.....

I'm glad I ordered it because it was the most excellent fish I've EVER tasted! Take that for what it's worth since I don't eat a lot of fish I probably don't have a large pool of selection but this was amazingly delightful and I couldn't stop talking about it. Every bite was delish. Even Kyle liked it and he is not a big fish fan either.

Speaking of Kyle....he ate sushi which is amazing considering his narrow food selections. Granted, it was a type of steak sushi, no fish involved....but still it was on the menu as sushi wrapped in the tempura rolls with veggies. We're all branching out these days!

So today there was a big power outage on the trains up here. Good thing I wasn't travelling today. My boss was stuck in this jam (click here for the story). He was in one of the trains that was stalled under the Hudson River....uh, can you say claustrophobic?! I almost had a panic attack driving into Manhattan on Saturday when we had to just drive through the Holland Tunnel. It seemed like the tunnel went forever. My worst nightmare would be to get stuck on a train in a tunnel. Let's hope that never happens.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin