Kyle and I started off our Saturday with mundane house chores however our evening turned into a social extravaganza. We went out to to the suburbs to have dinner at Kyle's boss' house. We ventured out to the Main Line (click here for Main Line history) which is the fancy pantsy collection of communitites just outside of Philly. Whoever said Philly is a boring city hasn't been out here I'm sure! There's nowhere in Houston that compares to the Main Line area. The landscape is beautiful....tons of trees and hills and houses on acres and acres of land. The highlight of the house was the pac-man arcade they recently acquired. Kyle and I were all over that thing. Pac-man brings back great early 80s memories, before X-Box & Playstation there was good ol' simple Pac-man!
Anyways, dinner was great. We had brisket, beans, pecan pie, & margaritas....a good Texas meal. Kyle's boss is from Texas, an Aggie in fact, so he knew what to cook up to make us feel at home.
Then we visited our French neighbors down the hall who had a house-warming party tonight. They just moved one apartment down the hall from their original apartment but it's an excuse to have a party, right?!
So now we're headed to bed. Too much partying for us :)
And still no word on the Arch. test. I'm thinking it may take a while b/c my results are sent to the Texas board of architecture and then sent to me so I'm not holding my breath.
Eating Chinese food.
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment