Now this is a new phenomenon for me. I've never heard of this weather condition called a Nor'easter. And please do not call it a "North Easter" because I distinctly saw The Weather Channel spell it in big capital letters: "NOR'EASTER" (the drama is in the apostrophe). Kyle is familiar with these Nor'easters since he lived in Connecticut and he explained to me (in great detail last night) the meteorological weather patterns that create a Nor'easter, complete with hand motions and all. It was as if I had my own personal weather man in my living room, the only thing lacking was a radar screen behind him. So basically this Nor'easter is bringing rain now and will bring snow in the future when it gets colder. There are also high winds today because ol' Wilma's outer bands are lashing the east coast. More gray skies for us! Enough of this weather lesson...
Yesterday I was in NYC and got to hear Bette Midler sing "Fever" and "Hey, Big Spender" from my desk at work. She is so good at singing those jazzy songs and I was humming the tunes all day. I left a rainy New York last night and was so grateful for my new raincoat. Not only do I repel the rain, but I look cute doing it. What else could a girl ask for?! I didn't post yesterday because Kyle was hogging the computer with some excuse....I think he mentioned something about studying for finals? I suppose that's more important than posting my blog? hee hee ;) He's got the last final today and then it's on to the second quarter! (Wharton is on the quarter system)
I'm trying to make the best of my work situation and living in a conference room all separate from the rest of the world. As I walked in today, I imagined that I was the owner and CEO of this company coming in from the cold rain to sit in my heated corner office. I say to the admin (in my mind, of course. I'm not totally nuts), "Hold my calls! I'll be in a meeting till 10!" Then I slam my invisible door shut (because there is no door on this conference room) and do my part to make my company run. Yes, good thing I have an active imagination because I feel much better today than I did on Friday. Two people have already come by to complement me on my new "office" and the spacious square footage....well, this IS what a CEO like me is accustomed to, no?
Eating Chinese food.
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment