The Short Version:
We finally got out of the city!!! And it was a beauuuuu-tiful day too!!!!
Today was THE day to be outside. We rented a car and took off to Longwood Gardens under perfectly clear skies, temperatures in the high 70s, and a great breeze. A really perfect day. I was so excited to finally go to Longwood and boy was it spectacular.
Click here for the amazing pictures of the Gardens
The Long Version:
Pierre duPont's family has owned this land near Kennett Square, PA (about 45 minutes west of Philly) for centuries. After admiring gardens in Europe and parts of the Americas, Pierre decided to recreate botanical gardens on his land and the family developed a huge garden complex including the original duPont home and a 4 acre conservatory. Kyle and I decided that Papaw would certainly love this place.
Now, I have always liked taking pictures of flowers for some reason. So when I entered this place I was completely overwhelmed. I went pretty crazy upon arrival but Kyle tells me I really lost all control when we visited the Wall of Orchids and the Water Lily Pond. I took a bazillion pictures and I'm so ecstatic that my camera really captured the amazingly brilliant colors. However Shutterfly doesn't capture the color as well as I wanted. I hope you enjoy the pictures because I had so much fun taking them.
Kyle and I were really having a spectacular time upon leaving Longwood. Smiling, laughing, holding hands, making googly eyes at each other. We just were enjoying all the beauty of the gardens and the perfect day......
however, our carefree happiness was suspended ever so briefly as we attempted to take the rental to Costco to do some bulk shopping. About 4 tense miles on the Pennsylvania Turnpike revealed that Kyle and I would never be good teammates on our favorite TV show, The Amazing Race. I'm sure I don't have to go into detail about driving disagreements between couples, we've all been there, right? Suffice it to say, it wasn't pretty once we found ourselves on the Turnpike (not the right road) and it was a matter of split-second decisions that kept us relatively close to the Philadelphia Metro Area instead of somewhere in Car-Jacking Land (aka New Jersey). We found our way back to a recognizable road and decided to leave Costco for another adventurous day. The jumbo 75-roll pack of toilet paper will have to wait.
Eating Chinese food.
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment