It's been a rough week. Yesterday I got an email from my boss asking how I was doing and apologizing for having "thrown me to the wolves" working by myself in Philadelphia and sending me on this big series of client meetings by myself (because there was no one else available to come from NYC to go with me). He threw in an encouraging word that the team really liked working with me...I was feeling pretty good and needed to hear that because I was starting to feel like I was in over my head.
My happiness was short-lived because it all went downhill at my afternoon meeting. Someone got totally bent out of shape and was SO rude to me. I was really upset when I left because I always like doing a good job. Today I talked to my boss and we sorted out the information and it wasn't all my fault so that made me feel better because I tend to beat myself up about stuff like that.
Kyle said people in New York are just crazy and mean. One of his classmates said when she worked in New York someone threw a chair in a meeting so I guess I fared better than that?
Anyways, the weekend is here and I am so excited to put all of this behind me. Kyle and I are going to rent a car and head to Valley Forge and apparently the leaves are turning right now so I hope we get to see some good color! YIPEEEE!!!!!!
Eating Chinese food.
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment