Monday, October 10, 2005

I Saw the Goo!

It was an EARLY morning!!! I woke up at 4:45 so that I could take the early train into NYC and get some work done before the Goo Goo Dolls' mini concert on the Today Show this morning. I was at my desk working at break-neck speed so I could go downstairs. I tried to block out the yells and screams I could hear outside every 15 minutes which made it very difficult to concentrate because I wanted to run to the window to see what was going on! However, I pushed aside my raging curiosity until I had finished what I needed to do and then at 8:30 I ran downstairs with my camera, pushed my way through the sign-waving crowd, and waited for about 10 minutes before they actually started the song. Holding my little camera above the crowd, I got a good 1 min 30 sec video of the whole thing. And, bonus to all this, I finally got a picture of the elusive Matt Lauer. I hadn't seen him once all these times I'd stalked the Today Show personalities. I think he's been on vacay. He looks pretty good in person, I have to say. I am such a TOURIST!
(Picture above is Goo Goo Dolls lead singer with way too much makeup on. Looked like a very ugly girl. It was kinda scary.)

New York is getting fall-ish. The weather is cooler, the ice-skating rink at Rock Center opened today and we could see people skating through the window, I treated myself to a Starbucks and felt so urban chic with the whole scene.

For all of those who heard my Subway v. Walk 20 Blocks dilemma this weekend, I did end up taking the subway this morning instead of walking out of bomb fear. As is a loving husband's duty, Kyle calmed my subway fears with the rational argument (as rational as you can get at 5 AM) that terrorists seem to attack at 8:45 (naturally) so since I was taking an earlier train, I should be safe (of course). That reasoning was good enough for me and I made it OK.

After a long train ride back to Philly I was delighted to pieces to receive a package from my parents with homebaked cookies. Thanks mom! And just a note that we are praying for Aunt Mary and Uncle Jim and hope that we hear good news from the test results.

It's been a long day but what a relief that we have cable. Since I'm busy blogging, I'm missing simultaneous programming of baseball, football, and wrestling. Hmmmm....

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin