Sunday, October 09, 2005

And Another Weekend Ends....

It's been a long (and still rainy) Sunday.

We went to church this morning with our new Aggie friends & Kara. Our Aggie Section composed about 1/5 of the congregation this morning. Pastor Jeff is amazed that we show up with new people (Aggies, no less) every Sunday. It's pretty funny.

After church, I thought I would go into work and get a little ahead since I have to go to NYC tomorrow and I needed to do some things. Well, as soon as I stepped in I heard the security alarm warning tone. DARN IT! I totally forgot these people have an alarm and since I'm not technically this firm's employee (here in Philly), I have no idea how to disarm it. Sooooo, the blaring alarm siren goes off. And I'm trying to turn it off with no luck. A police car shows up. Thankfully I don't look like a hardened criminal because he didn't arrest me but I ended up not staying because we couldn't figure out what to do and the owner of the firm didn't return my call immediately. So now tomorrow morning I have to leave a full hour earlier (AHHH!!!!) on the 6AM train to NYC so I can get my work done. Oh well....

The cable guy came to install our cable TV and now we have way more channels than we've ever had and are contemplating if this was a mistake. Although Kyle gleefully proclaimed that wrestling will come on twice a week now instead of one. Now, that's something to look forward to! I've never dealt with cable guys but this one was weird. He realized he would have to run the cable through our dining room (because of where they terminated the cable when the last person moved out) and actually said he would have to reschedule the installation because:
1) Kyle was having a study group in the dining room and he couldn't work with all the people in that room
2) we changed the work order (decided not to get internet)
3) he didn't have a staple gun to route the cable through our dining room.
WHAT?! It's bad enough we had to freeze our scheudles today to wait for him to show up between the vague time slot of 12-4 PM but he would have to come back? No thank you. We moved the dining table and the study group to the living room, I own a staple gun, thank goodness, that he used and he somehow managed to change the work order manually. What is WITH cable people.

Kyle's group was here for 4 hours. They wore out their welcome at about hour #2. I entertained myself doing laundry and reading a book tucked away in our bedroom.

After a lengthy Friday email discussion with my fellow northeast transplant friends about which winter boots we should buy for us novices facing the impending arctic winter, I decided on the Merrells. They're super comfy and look cute too. I've been eyeing them for a while and finally bought them today.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merrell's...good choice. Phillip and I both have a pair ourselves. They are perfect for all that is outdoor.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin