Today I was busy crafting again. I'm a little embarassed to say I'm painting a little wooden plaque to make a bow holder for Anna (I know, it's getting ridiculous. Now that I've done all my "big" crafty items I'm finding silly things to do but, whatever, it keeps me entertained)
So as I was painting this little plaque John came up to me, pointing and saying "paint! paint!" I didn't even know that he knew the word. I know they paint a lot at school so it shouldn't surprise me that he knows what it is. He was so insistent on painting that I had to stop what I was doing and set up some paint for him. After stripping him down to his diaper, of course.
He was really into the painting but he gets very upset when he sees paint on his skin--"dirty, dirty". I had to keep reassuring him that we would clean him up later. I guess my constant use of antibacterial gel has really rubbed off on him. In fact, if he wants a snack he comes to me and rubs his hands together, knowing that cleaning his hands is the first step in getting a snack.
oh, my.
Also, today he refused to eat dinner even though I fixed something that I was pretty sure he would like. I finally had enough of his whining and took him out of the high chair. I decided if he wasn't going to eat he could just leave the table to play and forgo dinner. As soon as I put him down he went and sat at his table and ate dinner happily there. Interesting how these little people have such strong and unusual opinions that sometimes can't be verbalized. But apparently that did the trick. We sat at our table, he sat at his and we all enjoyed our dinner.

No comments:
Post a Comment