As she did the exam to check my dilation, we chatted and then her eyes got really big and she said "Ok, you're at 4 cm and about 40% effaced. This baby is coming so be ready". So basically our little princess could make her debut any day now. YOWSERS.
I'm basically half-way dilated. So she said if I'm at 6 cm at next Tuesday's appointment she recommends going straight to the hospital because at that point if I were to go into labor I may not make it to the hospital. And I really don't want to give birth on the freeway, thank you. On the flip side, I could still be just 4 cm dilated and then we'll keep waiting. BUT worst case scenario (and very probable) is that we have 1 week left. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, the joys of uncertainty. Hmmmm.....I think God is trying to teach me to let things go here. I like planning so this is very difficult for me. Also, I've been obsessed with getting Anna's room ready and doing so many "projects". Maybe this is a wake-up call to get a little down time before she arrives and not be so busy. Grrrr....I don't like this lesson! Time is not on my side here.
On another note--little John is just not feeling like himself today. I kept him home from school because he was acting so strange this morning. Yesterday he coughed all day long but today there is no cough, no fever but he's terribly lethargic, clingy, and has no appetite.
Gotta run. I just finished lunch, John is resting in his bed, I need to get to work on finishing Anna's room once and for all, and get to packing some stuff for the hospital!

1 comment:
Lori, that is so exciting. I will be praying for you and for a safe arrival for little Anna. Please keep me posted!
Post a Comment