Monday, February 09, 2009

Big Boy Bed Update

Nap time turned out OK. After about an hour and a half of chatting to himself John finally konked out. I saw on the video monitor (aka: SpyCam) that he did actually get up out of bed once to retrieve a paci from the floor. I guess since he was up he thought he would try the door. Too bad I reversed the lock on the door making him a little prisoner in his own room. When I saw him trying to escape I just went inside and put him back in the bed. He kept sitting up so it took about 7 times of going in the room, not saying a word, and laying him back down. Thanks, Supernanny, for that technique. It was like pushing a "reset" button over and over.

So tonight was John's first night in his big boy bed (do you see the small tear leaking from my eye). He looked so grown up sitting in that big bed. Kyle and I read him a few books, we said our little prayer, I tucked John into bed, and we haven't heard a peep from him tonight. I hope I don't jinx ourselves. I'm sure there will be struggles ahead but so far it actually went a lot smoother than I thought.

I will post pictures of John's cowboy-themed room soon. Debbie, Kyle, my mom, and I have been working on it a lot the past week. Thanks to them for helping tired, waddly, slow me. The headboard is in the garage airing out a bit more. Debbie slept in the room with it the first day I got it back from the woman who painted it. I think we almost killed her with the fumes so we are letting it "neutralize".

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin