Thursday, November 20, 2008

Odds and Ends

It's been a while folks. We've been busy and I'm not sure with what but I'll give you a quick run-down of the past few weeks. BEWARE: This is a long random post!
Debbie visited us about 2 weeks ago and here are some pics of John helping Debbie edge a quilt for his cousin Nathan.
He's very domestic....and helpful. John insisted on helping take Mamaw's luggage out to the car when she left for the airport.


Last Thursday Emily and I headed to the Nutcracker Market. I'm a HUGE fan of the NM. It's a once-a-year craft/Christmas/home decor bonanza held in the Reliant Center and I am always so excited to go. I think Emily thought I was crazy when I told her I was there last year for almost 6 hours (and that was with my mom and carrying John in a baby carrier since no strollers are allowed). Well, we ended up being there for almost 7 hours this year. Yep, I'm hard core when it comes to the Nutcracker Market. I'll let you read about it on her blog. There's a picture of us carrying our loot. Let's just say that hauling the teepees out to the car was no picnic. One of my favorite things I got was for Princess B: A little dress and 2 hair bows....
...yeah, I couldn't resist this piece of adorable. And the hair bows....the teeny BOWS! But that was all. I thought I restrained myself pretty well considering the cute factor at the NM was off the charts!

Last Saturday John and Kyle went to Buffalo Grille for a "guys breakfast" with one of Kyle's friends and his 6 month old son. When they returned I asked John what he ate and it was reported that he ate French Toast and loved it (who wouldn't love sugared up sweet bread?). Then John proceeded to show me his enormous stuffed belly.

On Monday we went to the zoo with Marshall and Logan. This was our inaugural visit and I think John liked it. We saw fish, monkeys, lions, tigers, birds, goats and more.

Here we are hanging with the monkeys.
John is mesmerized watching the lion and lioness take a lazy nap

As is his temperment, John was fairly apprehensive about this petting-zoo-goat-thing at first....

then he got this crazy sly look on his face....
and asked for a brush so he could beat up the poor goat

After washing our hands VERY well (the goats were disgusting, man) we went to the playground to hang with Logan

I have more to post about how fun John is these days and all the words he is saying but this is already too long....until next time....


1 comment:

The Bethancourts said...

Thanks John (and Debbie) for helping make my quilt to keep me nice and cozy! Can't wait to see y'all soon!

Love,
Nathan
(typed via the madre)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin