Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mesmerized by Christmas

Yesterday I put a big ribbon and some ornaments on the Christmas tree while John was taking a nap. When he woke up and turned the corner from the hallway he stood there mesmerized by the tree and twinkling lights. It was really cute and I wish I had a video of his reaction because it's one of those things I want to always remember. He started pointing at it and saying "oh! oh! oh!" so I took him up close to inspect it.

He's been pretty good so far. He hasn't yanked the 9-footer down on top of himself. He has yanked on a few ornaments though so we've had to move them higher up. This morning Kyle showed him all the ornaments and described them and John got to touch them. I think he truly appreciated that. And he REALLY wanted to touch the star on top. After Kyle put it on last night John kept saying "tah? tah? tah?" (star) over and over and pointing to the top of the tree.

Here is some video of John tonight. He was obsessed with finding the perfect spot for the Santa ornament Granny gave him. He moved it about 15 times.


And this is video of why I couldn't decorate the tree with John around. He loves the ladder and can climb to the top in about 30 seconds which is kind of scary.





No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin