Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Responsibility Strikes....and so does something else

Today I was returning home from running errands and as I turned into the driveway I pressed the garage opener and in that moment it struck me,
"I own this house. I am driving a big ol' honkin' Suburban (or the Mom-burban, as I like to call it). I have a CHILD, a little person who is under my care, in the backseat. What happened?! When did I become a grown-up?! Who died and put me in charge?!" Goodness, I don't feel like a grown up. All of the sudden I had this light bulb moment that I am not a kid, living for myself anymore. I have serious responsibilities.

Speaking of responsibilities....you obviously know the skunk story, if not read this.

Well this past Saturday we invited friends over and I was cooking my scallop dish in the kitchen. Gwendolyn is facing the back door which is all glass and her eyes get real big and she says, "I see a opossum running up your driveway!". EEEKKKKS! I jump to the back door and there is this small opossum (which, btw, is a bit cuter than expected) that comes right up to the back door and peers in at me! How bold. His face said,"well, where's my scallop meal?". We figured that the stove vent sent the smell of food outside. So this is why I do not cook, people. I simply can't because I attract vermin to our neighborhood. It's settled...I just shouldn't cook.
Anyways, our little neighborhood "Board" is up in arms about the rodent situation. Last week I got a knock on the door from one of the board members saying they have called a pest control company to set out rat bait and opossum traps and would we like one in our yard. YES, I said. Let's get rid of the darn things! Citizens of Wellington Court UNITE!

Well, guess who was in our trap this morning....little scallop-beggar....

They've reset the traps and we'll see what we get tomorrow....stay tuned....this could get intriguing....
Random thought of the day: And this truly just struck me today....Kyle and I spent our honeymoon on the Carribbean islands of St. John & St. Thomas. Our dad's names are John and Thomas. Our son's name is John Thomas...what is WITH this theme??

1 comment:

djbfootball said...

So, John has a new friend or playmate??

Don

Blog Widget by LinkWithin