Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Discovering Scallops

I have a new role in our household. Wife & mother are already established. And, in addition to my station as "Budget Czar", Kyle has recently appointed me "Commander-in-chief of the family diet". He has been encouraging me to try new, healthy recipes so today I decided to attempt something new.

John and I headed off to Central Market to collect ingredients. Central Market's resident fishmonger gave me the confidence I needed to prepare pan seared scallops with pasta and a white wine cream sauce. As he began rattling off a recipe off the top of his head I asked if he would just come home with me and cook his fantastic-sounding concoction...I guess I wasn't convincing enough because I had to tough it out all by myself :)

Here is a picture of our dinner tonight.....I think it turned out OK for my first attempt. If you have any suggestions/tips or amazing scallop recipes please pass them along!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin