Monday, July 17, 2006

Kara is IN, Kyle is OUT

What a weekend! It was really great to see Kara this weekend. It was the perfect weekend for her to come because Kyle worked the most he's worked on any weekend since we've been here. Friday night he didn't come home until 5AM Saturday morning. Yes, that was very nearly a full 24 hours he was at work....

After brunch on Saturday, Kyle headed back to work and Kara and I saw a Broadway show, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, which was SO funny. We really enjoyed it. I laughed and laughed till the tears were streaming! In the afternoon we joined Kyle near his office and went on a ferry ride that took us out into the Hudson River and we had an AWESOME view of the skyline. Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera so I don't have pictures to post but the view was beautiful....you'll just have to trust me. It may be one of the best things we've done so far. We had dinner with Kyle then left him to finish his work while we went home.

Sunday Kyle joined us for church and then went back to work....surprise! Kara and I entertained ourselves at the Museum of Natural History which neither of us had visited before. Kyle wrapped up his weekend when he rolled in this morning at 3 AM.

All in all it was a fun weekend. I just wish Kyle could have enjoyed a few more things with us or at least just had some time to breathe for one moment. Only one more weekend left in this gig and I think we'll all be happy when it's over!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin