Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Dressing Disasters & Retailercising

So I had a couple of dressing disasters in the last few days. I’ll attribute this to the fact that there is not nearly enough light or full length mirrors in our rectangle of a living space. As a result, I have no real way of knowing to what degree of clown-y-ness I appear as I head out into the world each day. From makeup to apparel...it’s a real toss of the dice here.

Monday morning I was looking forward to wearing these new pants I bought the week before. I put on my pants in the morning and head to work only to realize (3 hours later?!?!?) that, in fact, I had not donned my super cute new pants. No. I had hastily put on the old tight nasty pants I was avoiding. The pants that are on the verge of eviction (the hit list, if you will) from my closet. Then today I visited the restroom at work (a habit that has become part of my morning routine in an attempt to avert these types of disasters) and noticed a sticker declaring the size of my shirt was still stuck on it. This whole ordeal triggered a flashback of when I was 7 years old. I was at school. I went to put something in my pockets when I noticed my little red elastic waistband pants were on backwards. How embarrassing. So apparently dressing disasters are nothing new to me...but it’s been a while...

Today I started my new exercise routine...I call it retailercising (a combo of retail window shopping and exercising). I got off the subway one stop before my regular stop which put me 10 short blocks & 2 long blocks away from the apartment. I walked down 5th Ave and since it’s blazing hot I would go into the stores to get air-conditioned then leave for the next store until I slowly made my way down to the apartment. It was nice and I didn’t buy a thing. It was purely about exercise. Maybe I’ll try a different street tomorrow?

Kyle is out at a bonding event...a cooking class with his fellow NYC Wharton interns. He should be home soon...maybe around 10 PM? That's early by our standards! :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin