Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Celebrity Radar -- Back In Business!

Kyle came home pretty early tonight. We decided to head out and explore Greenwich and maybe find something to eat at a corner restaurant. As we left the apartment I declared it was about time I saw a celebrity. My celeb antennae have been receiving static lately and no one has popped on the radar. Little did I know my wish might come true tonight….

We landed at a decent Italian restaurant in Greenwich and shared a tortellini dish. Nothing special but we got to sit outside and people watch. Afterwards we walked quite a bit and ended up in the Meat Packing district. We started down 14th street which is lined with many upscale stores and we came across a photo shoot. When we got closer I spotted “Noted Fashion Photographer Nigel Barker” !!! (henceforth to be referred to as NFPNB).


If you don’t watch Tyra Bank’s show “America’s Next Top Model” then you probably have never heard of NFPNB. (I use his extended name because for some reason he is always introduced with the full blah blah blah in front of his name??)

He is a former model, a judge on Tyra’s show and he always photographs one of the photo shoots with the final Model contestants. Kyle and I are big fans of the show and Kyle didn’t believe it was him until he finally heard him speak with his British accent. Then Kyle was intrigued. And then he stated NFPNB looked fatter in person (quite the critic, eh??) --I'd have to disagree with that.

Anyways, we stood there for about 10 minutes watching the gangly toothpick model (who, ironically, I did not recognize at all) pout and look bored and glare evil-y into the camera while NFPNB snapped, snapped away. Click! Click! Tyra would be proud. Model-girl looked “fierce”. (Looking “fierce” is the mantra of the show).

So I got my celebrity spotting wish after all....YEE haw!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin