....in case you hadn't noticed. There's something in familiarity of routines and things that comforts me. That's just me and despite all the change that's happened over the past six months I have broadened my horizons in BIG ways and managed to find new familiar things to keep me happy. One obvious example is what used to be the almost daily $2.75 hoagie from the food truck at 20th & Market. Since moving offices, that food truck is too far. This little lunch luxury is no more and as I write this I am getting sad so let's move on to my new familiar habit. These days, going into NYC I look forward to the BAGEL food truck MEN. I discovered a breakfast food truck on my way to work and two of the friendliest, most happy men you've ever seen at 8 AM always greet me with a smile and present me with the fattest most beautiful cinnamon raisin bagel with about a 1/4" slab of cream cheese for $1. Yes, ONE dollar! Yummy!
Today I practiced my patented subway balancing act. Don't you wish you could've seen it?! It started with the usual subway puuuush into the car and I was left in the middle of the crowd with no way to hold on to any bars or poles or anything. I was floating like a fishie in the sea. Thankfully we were packed in so tight there was no chance of me moving more than an inch in any direction....
By far the worst thing I've seen in a while was on my taxi ride home. We came to a clog in the intersection and as we detoured I turned back and saw a woman lying in the street surrounded by people. It looked like she had been hit by a car maybe or had a heart attack in the street? The ambulance hadn't arrived yet. Oh, it was horrible. I said a prayer for her because it really looked bad.
On the lighter side, I feel like I've really accomplished a lot at work this week. That's a great feeling for me. Kyle has been having lots of finals. The last one's tomorrow. He won't hear back on his results for a while but I know he was succesful. He is now very intently watching the aTm v. t.u. basketball game and I'm signing off to join him. It's a close one!
Eating Chinese food.
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment