Monday, March 06, 2006

The Best Surprise Ever!

Back in January I planned a trip to Houston this past weekend to surprise my mom for her birthday. My dad and I were co-conspirators in crime. He knew I was coming and did a good job keeping the secret mum.

I woke up at 3:45 AM on Friday (yowsers!), boarded a 6 AM flight and arrived at 9 AM in Houston. My dad picked me up from the airport and I waited for my mom to come home from work around noon. When she arrived, I opened the door and yelled "SURPRISE!!!" and I thought she was going to have a small heart attack. She really had NO clue and was so excited to see me. We all got to hang out and mom and I did girly things on Saturday and then I returned to Philly Sunday night. She proclaimed it was the best birthday ever so I have to say my plan was a success.

Unfortunately, since I had planned this trip way in advance and my clone wasn't available this weekend, I missed out on the trip to California to visit the new Carmel house. Boo! Kyle is on Spring Break this week and found a great rate to CA so he flew out there where his parents put his young, muscular body to work by helping them move heavy furniture items into the new house. But hold your sympathy right there. Last time I checked he was playing golf at Pebble Beach so I think he's holding up quite alright. Kyle also declared to me that he sees no reason to ever go on another vacation again since Carmel is the most perfect place ever.

So last night was spent alone in the Philly apartment, watching the Oscars by myself and deciding I find the excess of celebrity self-appreciation a little annoying. It's a lonely apartment without my dear husband's presence around. I really miss coming home from work and being greeted with a big hug and smiley face. Come home soon, Kyle!!!!

Today is a yuck day at work. My computer connection is fried and I am not able to work which is really frustrating and makes for a horribly boring day. I've done some stuff by hand but it's time to get my machine up and running and no one seems to be making that a priority. Looks like I'll be headed to NY tomorrow (big sigh)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin