Monday, March 20, 2006

Welcome Spring!

Today is the first day of spring (which I am most looking forward to) and we awoke to flutters of snow?! What?! Yes, snow. Not a blizzard or anything but definite flutters of precipitation that wasn't mist or fog but little minute particles of snow. Weird. Kyle said he spotted daffodils blooming in Rittenhouse and the trees were starting to get green again. And a trip to Longwood is in our near future. This MUST mean that Spring is just around the corner!

This weekend was pretty boring. Friday was the highlight because we had our neighbors, the French people, over for dinner. We had been trying to connect with them for several weeks and finally we settled on a date one month in advance and, as usual, I panicked about what to cook for the entire month. I settled on spaghetti and meatballs which I made on Friday and then again on Saturday since I was scheduled to deliver a meal to our church friends that just had twins. So, if anybody needs meatballs I have a refrigerator full. Anyways, back to the dinner party.....by the end of the night, after 2 bottles of wine and the brandishing of Sandra's shiny new blue Kung Fu sword, I found myself volunteering to attend a Kung Fu lesson this Friday with Sandra. She says Kung Fu helps her release and manage her frustrations with work in a physical and controlled way. Sounds like something I could use! Plus, physical activity is always good.

Kyle's been tackling a daunting week with lots of tasks to accomplish: studying, papers due, more internship interviews, etc.We are still up in the air about what is going on this summer although it appears that a Houston job seems to be in the lead! It would be tough to be apart from Kyle all summer but since I am a list person and a preparation nut, I have begun to prepare myself by making lists of things I could do while Kyle is away and all the exciting things to look forward to in the summer (mini-milestones to mark the passing of time).
We'll keep ya posted!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin