Sunday, February 26, 2006

All-You-Can-Eat!

This past week was restaurant week in Philadelphia. We made reservations for 2 different spots: The Prime Rib (Tuesday) & Alma de Cuba (Friday). They were both yummy although I liked Alma de Cuba a bit better. Restaurant week is great because you can sample from about 50 restaurants in the area that each have a fixed price 3 course meal for $30/person. Kyle and I were certainly stuffed to the brim and are definitely a few pounds heavier but it was worth it!

The weekend has been busy for both of us. Kyle's been studying diligently for his finals this week. I went into work on Saturday because I have so much to do and not enough time in the week to do it.

OH! Back to the food....So you thought the eating stopped last week...well, our waistlines expanded all the way into Sunday. This morning Kara took Kyle and I to a fun breakfast place she's been talking about forever called Sabrina's Cafe and it lived up to it's reputation! Kara and I split the hugest french toast I'd ever seen. It had this fabulous blueberry cream cheese smothered in between 2 huge slices of Challah bread with maple syrup and strawberries on top. Mmmmm...to die for! The only part I would have changed was that it was a packed shop and we sat at a table very close to the front door and with the temperature in the teens this morning....you can imagine it was quite drafty. We ate with our coats on and yelled at anyone (in true South Philly fashion) who walked in the door and didn't shut it behind them!

A late-breaking footnote: Kyle and I are watching Dancing With the Stars in a state of shock! Stacy Kiebler and her partner were named third place of the last three dancing pairs. What a rip off! Booooo on reality TV shows!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin