Friday, February 10, 2006

The Big Move

It's been a crazy couple of days (what else is new??) Yesterday I officially moved my computer and general BOO (Base Of Operations) over to the client's offices instead of the architecture firm I where I was stationed. I was a little nervous about talking to the head of the architecture firm and telling her I was moving becuase I didn't want her to feel like I didn't like it there. However being near the client has been really helpful. I enjoy it here and I even get my own office, my OWN personal printer, office supplies, & filing cabinets! The filing cabinets are really a highlight of the move because I am a weirdo about organzing and at the other place I had no filing, no organization at all. It was killing my efficiency.

This morning I was trapped in a 3 hour IT meeting that was almost the death of me. I've never heard so much about "CAT-6 cables" and "fiber"and "RG6s" and how it's possible to have "10 gigabit transmission over sheilded cable" (!!!!Hallelujah!!!! I'd been wondering if that was a possibility) Towards the end I was looking for a sharp pencil to stick in my eye. It's like a room full of people speaking Alien and I speak English and nothing makes sense. When they busted out the server rack catalogues I made an excuse to scram. I tried to relate their excitement for server rack catalogues to my excitement when I get Lucky magazine in the mail but I still didn't get it?

More big news: there's a big snowstorm headed our way. I'm so excited. We haven't had snow since Thanksgiving?! And you would have thought I had moved to Alaska when I came here. The way I was so worried about freezing my butt off. Not a speckle of snow for months all winter but we could get up to a foot of snow by Sunday!! It's time to put my freaky hat back in business.

Kyle's still been interviewing. He's going to be a pro at this soon. The prospects are looking bright so we are excited!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin