I have great admiration for those who do scrapbooking. I have one friend, Monica, who is basically a professional at it and should just quit her day job and scrapbook full time (I think!). I know people would pay for somone to document their lives as well as she has done hers.
But as for me....over the years I have collected albums and pictures and paper and stickers and thing-a-ma-bobs that I have great intentions of using but when I sit to actually make the pages I am paralyzed with indecision. I can't figure out which pictures to keep, which to toss, the minute I put a layout together I see something cuter that I should have done and want to redo the page. I have a scrapbook I started when Kyle and I got engaged. I believe I have exactly 4.5 pages complete in that book and that was almost 6 years ago. You can see my problem here, I'm sure.
Thankfully John's scrapbook is already partially pre-made. It was meant to just buy and put pictures in. So, theoretically, this should be fairly easy...I'm trying...it's just taking me a while. I had to get an 8x8 book because heaven forbid if I am faced with a whole 12x12 inches of blank paper staring at me!
So for the next round I plan to do everything in Shutterfly and make books like my sister-in-law Erin does. She made a great scrapbook of the Bethancourt family cruise. And it comes bound like a real book and everything. It will still take time, I'm sure, but this should cut out a lot of the stickers and frillies that I like and are SO cute but cause me so much grief.
Ok, back to work...John's napping and I have limited time today!

1 comment:
Amen on the scrapbooks! Just thought of them causes me to shutter...I will help you keep your word to not start another one if you promise to not let me start anything for our child! I'm sticking to the straight photo albums--just slide the photo in and boom you're done. Stress free photos.
Post a Comment