Well, we made it to foggy
Our sold-out plane made it to the runway just in time for a torrential downpour and after a 2 hour delay on the tarmac we were finally on our way. YIKES. All I can say is I'm glad we had a 1:1 ratio for the kids and a portable DVD player for John. best. invention. ever. It was a long wait but thankfully opening and closing the window shades was about 30 minutes worth of entertainment for John.
SO, everyone, brace yourselves for lots of pictures. Kyle and I rented a Nikon D90 camera and I am SNAP HAPPY!
Today I will take you along our
Leaving Alamo for Carmel

Oops! Someone didn't sleep on the plane and was really tired the next day
Oops! Someone else enjoyed a lot of gummy road trip snacks
Your trusty photographer read the camera manual and fiddled with the camera all the way to Carmel
Here we are!
Ahhhhh! 60 degrees!
Made it to the house. Look at all of Mamaw's beautiful flowers!
Fresh strawberries just picked....$12 for all of this!
Warming our hands by the fire
The men in front of the fireplace
John breakdancing
All of the lovely treasures in Mamaw's garden. John kept pointing at the gnome saying "whodis? WHODIS?"
The garden fairy
Don't you just want to sit by the fire?
John feeding Mamaw some yummy strawberries

This restaurant has a quaint seating area outside around a firepit and the best vegetable pasta dish I've ever had. Love it! I even tried to re-create the dish at home.
The salad I made for last night's dinner
Been reading this a lot but not sure that I'm any wiser for it
John working a Jedi mind trick on Anna. She seems to like it
John giving us a visual on the phrase "stick a cork in it"













3 comments:
do. not. go. back. to. your. old. camera! these photos rock, and now that you have used a master, i don't see how you can go back to the old, fuzzy ways of a handheld camera....
great pix!
seriously, JT looks like his namesake in the 3 generation photo! Incredible!
What great photos! We loved Carmel, these pictures make me want to go back!
Post a Comment