John is a big fan of golf. He can play the game for hours on end at home so Grandpa thought it would be fun to take him to the Peter Hay par 3 golf course at Pebble Beach. I think this was the happiest day of John's life. You've never seen a 2 year old move so fast. I could barely get a non-blurry shot of the man running to and fro hitting golf balls like a mad man. He barely stopped to talk or even acknowledge anyone else's presence. All concentration was on hitting that ball. In fact when we crested over the hill onto the green he actually exclaimed (out of the blue and unprompted) "Tiga Wids!" (tiger woods). Yes, he actually watches golf on TV too.
Getting ready to tee off
How many 2 yr olds get to play at Pebble Beach? Check out that scenery! That's the Pacific Ocean in the background
Lining up the shot
Concentration is key
Sad to leave the course....dragging the clubs back to the car after a promise to come back another day
After a long day golfing John warms his feet by the fire pit with Mamaw
Since John has been with Mamaw and Grandpa the past few days I have a new muse who will actually look at the camera once in a while. (FACT: John despises the camera and will not even look at it as evidenced by the golf pictures. The other day when I was putting the camera in it's case he actually said "BYE BYE CAMERA!" in a tone that basically conveyed "good riddance!") But I digress.....

Enjoying the beach

Mamaw's hydrangeas....wish I had some of these in my garden....how lover-ly
Makin smores in the fireplace....yes, the fireplace, there's nothing wrong with that!
This picture is blurry but it is Anna's first attempt at sitting up by herself for a few seconds this morning
Love this picture....too bad the background is less than ideal
More tutu pictures
Lovin on daddy this afternoon
Really lovin' on daddy.....I'm his little princess, ya know
The bagpiper on Spanish Bay walks the 18th hole everyday at sundown. Today he was playing Amazing Grace
When we left dinner tonight we drove back along 17 Mile Drive and, in all my amateur glory and inspired by Ivoryhut, I attempted some evening shots in really low light. I am no Ivoryhut and these are truly no big deal except for the fact that it was 8 PM and there was virtually noooooo light coming from the sun and it was ultra foggy. But I was happy to get a decent shot.I know all my photog friends are thinking "duh, Lori" so bear with me folks!




3 comments:
JT did you steal that sweater from Mr. Rogers Neighborhood? :) JK I luv it. The cardi look is SO in!
How does one blog while on vacation while the rest of us are 6 weeks behind? Love the photos - looks like you are starting to fall in love with the camera. Girl, beware, you will never be satisfied with the old way of taking photos again. Love the tutu against the cream wall. And your scenic photos taken in thirds - very photogenic!
Hey! Looks like you're having fun with the D90. Seems like you got the hang of it - your pictures are great! David got me one for Christmas last year...still trying to learn all the features, but it's fun to play around with. What lens do you have?
Post a Comment