Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thank Goodness for Bumpy Road!

Well, one of my fears of being at home with the 2 kids was trying to entertain John while nursing Anna. About a week ago I discovered our "nursing time distraction". A game we play while I'm nursing Anna if he's starting to get needy. It's called Bumpy Road or as John says...."Bumpy Wooooaaaad!"

He has these minature cars that my mom had stuffed into Easter eggs that he is absolutely obsessed with. When I'm nursing Anna I prop my feet up on the coffee table and John runs his cars up and down my legs declaring "bumpy road!" What does that say about my legs?? Hmmmm....

Anyways, I thought this was just a one time thing but it seems now that every time I sit down to nurse Anna John gets excited about playing Bumpy Road. I told Kyle yesterday "Thank goodness for Bumpy Road! What would I do with out it..." HA! I'm sure this will last for a while and then I'll have to find a new diversion but for now it's nice to share a special game with John while I'm feeding Anna.

And here is my latest Anna picture.
I finally broke down and bought a cute newborn size outfit for her to wear. She has been relegated to wearing a rotation of 5 newborn size onesies Christina had bought her. It's the only thing that fits but finally, 3 weeks later, I was sick of seeing her in the same 5 outfits. I had to get this little dress that was on super sale and I had a coupon for it too---I was able to justify buying such a teeny outfit. And, naturally, I had to take A LOT of pictures.

Stay tuned...the next post will be a John update!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin