Thursday, April 16, 2009

So much to blog about, So little time.....

My hands have been full lately. I can't say that I've spent an entire day with both kids alone but I'm working up to it. Usually my mom is here to help me out or John's in school part of the day or Kyle is here on the weekends. I've managed to stave off the full day with both kids but I've definitely handled several hours alone with them and it's a challenge sometimes.

I've learned the art of taking a 7 minute shower with Anna in her carseat, safely perched high on the sink counter while John watches Sesame Street and plays with cars. Our shower is glass so I can observe everyone while I'm showering and I am very prepared to run out of said shower soaking wet if I need to make an "intervention".

I've also learned how to multi task while nursing (something I never imagined doing with John since everytime I nursed him for the first 3 months I was frozen in position bearing my teeth to deal with the pain). I've found I can dig through the freezer and fix John's dinner, read John a book and do his bedtime routine, fill the infant bathtub with water and gather all necessary supplies all with a baby "on board", if ya know what I mean! Sorry if that's TMI but I am darn proud of my multi tasking!

Anna has actually done really well with the sleeping thing. She goes down around 9 PM, wakes up around 3 or 4 and wakes up again around 7 or 8 AM. That is until last night when she decided to hit me with a double whammy and wake up twice in one night....how dare she? I've been spoiled and now, almost 3 weeks later, she's changing it up on me. So, I'm off to bed early tonight....

I have lots of pictures of Easter and other things that I want to share but I'm just too tired to spend any more time on the blog. But stayed tuned....I will post some pictures soon!!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin