Kyle and I have been needing to clean out our garage since....oh, April 2007 (when we moved in). I bought some utility shelves for the garage and finally decided to do it today. There were about 20 paint cans piled in the corner that the former owners left. Most of it is random touch-up paint for the house but I just needed to go through it and get rid of the paint we will never need.
I learned my mad garage-cleaning skills from my mother in law back in August when we were visiting California. One day she casually mentioned that she wanted to clean out her 3 car garage and re-organize. I was hoping she'd magically forget this To Do List item however one morning I found myself helping Debbie remove every single item in the entire garage (that had been accumulating for the past 3 decades and 10 or so moves) out into the driveway. Fun times. We swept the entire floor clean, cleaned the dust off every surface, and in the evening (with the help of Big John and Kyle) returned all the "To Keep" items back to the garage. There was a big reject pile and unfortunately that is the only picture I took.
This is the reject/give away pile:
Look at all that space we freed up! It was really a great feeling to declutter...even thought it's not my stuff it still felt good. I should have taken a picture of everything on the driveway and the finished product for more impact but you get the picture.....so today I swept our garage floor in honor of DB.

No comments:
Post a Comment