With the first year came the first injury. We had a photographer come to the house to take some pictures of John and our family to comemmorate his first year. We had bought John one of those Pottery Barn Kids Anywhere Chairs as his present from us and the photographer was taking pictures of John sitting/crawling around on the chair. He climbed up on it and was standing facing the back of the chair. Then he lunged his body weight and tipped over the chair and went over the back, face first onto the wood floor. I picked him up and his mouth was all bloody. I almost had another 911 moment because I panicked seeing his little mouth full of blood. MY BABY IS BLEEDING & CRYING!!! It was a bad sight and I felt so horrible that I couldn't catch him before he fell. His front teeth cut his lip inside his mouth and he hat a fat lip for a few hours but the swelling went down and he was good as new for his party the next day.
Speaking of the party, we had a grand time celebrating John yesterday. It was a fairly small group of family which I think was just the appropriate size group for him to handle. No meltdowns here. The party went well into the evening and you can tell that the party boy got a bit loose at the end by shedding his pants. Wild man!

1 comment:
Congrats Lori - You've made it through your first year :) We had lots of bleeding mouth from about the 1 year mark to 18 months. It's a little scary but they end up OK :)
Monica
Post a Comment