Monday, May 12, 2008

Well, How'd That Happen?

To make a long story short: a few months ago, Kyle and I got involved in the Mitt Romney campaign through one of Kyle's business contacts. A few weeks ago we received an invitation to a "Romney Reunion with the Beach Boys". Based on other Romney events we had attended I assumed the party might consist of about 200 people and I wasn't sure what "with the Beach Boys" really meant. Turns out it was a HUGE party of about 700 or so at the Hilton Americas with people from all over the country. And the Beach Boys really were there. It was a blast! My only regret is that we didn't know kids could come. There were lots of kids. The Beach Boys could have been John's first concert!

Have you ever seen a presidential candidate cut a rug?!

I never realized how many great songs the Beach Boys recorded. They were worth showing up for.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin