Tuesday, May 06, 2008

La Playa!


Kyle and I have reluctantly returned from an area of Mexico called the Riviera Maya. A heavenly place between Cancun and Playa del Carmen that is a combination of jungle, beach, and cenotes.

The Rosewood Mayakoba was our heaven for four nights, five days. To sum things up, Kyle and I determined our 6 favorite things about the vacation:

#6 Cucumber Eye Wraps
Kyle and I were diligent about securing our beach cabana every morning after breakfast (we'll get to the cabanas later). One of the beneys of this hotel was that the staff would come by and offer frozen fruit or hibiscus flower juice to all the beach bums regularly. However, on two glorious occasions the staff came by to offer us cucumber eye wraps. Hello? Sign me up. Now. We laid on our padded cabana beach chairs while they put a cucmber slice on each eye and topped us off with a cool wet cloth over the eyes. If it didn't impede my sight, I would be walking around like that all the time.

#5 Dilligent Lifeguards
The beach water was pretty rough the whole time we were there. Kyle and I got caught up playing in the waves one particular day. Kyle got really into it and started bodysurfing and lost his sunglasses in one big wave. The lifeguard quickly noticed we were looking for something and he started to look for Kyle's sunglasses. Kyle told him not to worry about it because they were cheap sunglasses and we really had no faith in his abilities to find a pair of sunglasses in the murky, sandy water. 10 minutes later, as we were headed back to our chairs, the lifeguard started waving wildly at us. He found the sunglasses. Amazing. "Now that's 5 star service!", Kyle declared. We were impressed. Sadly, I did not learn my lesson and lost my sunglasses the next day, which met a watery grave, as they were never found.

#4 Boat Transportation
All of the rooms in our hotel could be accessed by boat. The boats were really cool. I don't know how to explain it but it was just neat to ride around the resort in a boat. It felt fancy. And who doesn't like to feel fancy from time to time?

#3 Outdoor Showers
I can't say that I had ever taken a shower outside before and let me say, it's just cool! The soft breeze blows, the vegetation stirs and you are feeling the warm water fall on you like rain. Just neat-O! I really could have stayed out there all day. I felt like Eve.

#2 Nutella at the Breakfast Buffet
Um, yeah. If you've read this blog for some time you may know about my addiction/obsession with Nutella (so much so that it is not even allowed in my pantry but for special occasions and in 6 month increments). I told Kyle that the breakfast buffet was great but when I spotted the little bowl of Nutella on the table with the other condiments....HOT DIGGITY DAWG!....the buffett shot up to extraordinary in my book. Chocolate croissant with nutella.....mmmmm....hey, I'm on vacation, OK?!

#1 Beachside Cabanas!!!
Our favorite thing about this vacation by far were the beachside cabanas. Kyle and I went to great lengths to secure our cabana everyday. Right after breakfast we'd head to the beach, stake our claim, and pretty much camp out all day. It was so fantastic because you could get in the sun when you wanted and you could be covered when you wanted. Perfect for all day chilling at the beach. You could also open any of the sides of the cabana to get a good view of the beach or pool. No other resort on our beach strip had this feature which made Kyle and I snobby about our awesome cabanas.

All in all this was a great relaxing trip. Kyle and I missed the little man A LOT! I think 4 nights was a perfect amount of time. I was so ready to kiss on the fat cheeks I missed so much. And thanks to Mamaw and Grandpa for taking care of John while we got to have some fun! What a blessing you are to us!!

Pictures to come!

2 comments:

MAM said...

You've been tagged :)

http://withoutfilters.blogspot.com

Emily Kelley said...

I must say I'm a little envious...this sounds AMAZING!! can't wait to view the pics ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin