- The past few weeks John has had a case of "THE THREES". An intimidating and abrupt swing in personality change that, after 2 weeks, has died down to a manageable level. For a while I was wondering what happened to my child and what happened to my effectiveness as a parent. After talking to a few other friends with 3 yr olds I discovered I'm not alone in this stage where my little man is asserting his will and independence and testing boundaries. Grrrrrr.....
- We went to Galveston a few weekends ago with 2 families. Shannon's crew graciously hosted our family and Leslie's family. 6 adults and 5 kids had a fun time. So much fun and relaxation that I barely pulled out my camera and only have 2 pictures!
- After Galveston, John got a weird 24 hour virus and was throwing up all night. He couldn't even hold down water. It's been a while since he has been sick so it was hard to see him all messed up. Unfortuantely he managed to hold on to his "angry" temperment even while sick.
- I got sick after John. No vomiting -- just a sore throat and exhaustion but that was enough to knock me out for a bit.
- Anna escaped the illness but she has been teething so life has been a bit whiny and rough for her (and us)
- Kyle's friend Scott stayed with us Labor Day weekend. He arrived on Friday evening and he and John became BFFs in a SERIOUS way.
At one point Scott and John were on the driveway playing with bubbles and John demanded that Kyle go back inside and not interrupt the bromance. On Saturday when Scott and Kyle were leaving for the Aggie game John was BROKEN-hearted and crying inconsolably as they left. You've never seen so many tears. We had to tell John that Kyle was "going to see Granny" so he would not feel left out that he wasn't going to the game "with the guys". In case you didn't know, John LOVES THE AGGIES .
But all was well when they returned and Mr. Scott and John were caught red-handed watching Thomas the Train together. I don't know who was enjoying it more?
- On Labor Day we went to The Woodlands to see some friends, The Howells and The Rayos'. We enjoyed the splash pad on Market Street and eating out with the kids. I haven't spent much time in The Woodlands so it was nice to do something different, visit with friends we don't get to see much, and experience some nice green spaces/fountains/canals before the rain showers started in the afternoon. Thanks for showing us around, guys!


No comments:
Post a Comment