Friday, December 04, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving was great for us, so much to be thankful for. I hope it was for you all too.

The night before Thanksgiving we visited with my uncle and his family and enjoyed Thanksgiving dessert. I made a spiced pumpkin cheesecake that was pretty yummy if I do say so myself. Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have of that gathering. John loves to play with my cousins and it's always a fun time being around them. Especially Gonzo, he is a big kid at heart and John just has a blast playing with (and dogpiling) him.


On Thursday we ventured to College Station to visit with the family there. Kyle's parents graciously hosted our family and my parents to a buffet at the club they are members of there. Thank you John and Debbie!




The food was excellent, so many yummy dishes and desserts to choose from and the best part (aside from not having to cook or do dishes) was the kid's buffet table. It was the cutest thing and SUCH a great idea.



The kid's buffet table was loaded with PB&J finger sandwiches, mac n cheese, french fries, gold fish, some carrot and celery sticks, and fruit. What a treat! John bellied up to the bar about 3 or 4 times specifically to load his plate with mac n cheese (surprise). Here he is picking out his Thanksgiving grub with Mamaw--and he luuuved it! So much that he couldn't take his eyes off the food for this picture.


We've got one happy camper here with a plateful of mac n cheese!

Side note to Erin and Justin: If that face isn't an Isaac smile, I don't know what is??



Anna Bear's First Thanksgiving! All dolled up in the springy dress that I had to buy. She does look adorable though.



Gobble Gobble!




Where's MY food? I'm ready!


Snuggling with Granny.....

Chatting with my cousin, Sadie....


John, always the gentleman, giving Granny a helping hand through rough terrain...


And what's a trip to College Station without some time at the driving range?

Yee Haw! This is the best day EVER!








No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin