As much as I try to get things done for Christmas waaaay in advance so I don't have to run around crazy the last few weeks of Christmas, this year Christmas is sneaking up on me faster than I can say "Merry Christmas!" I think Kyle being out for most of November with pneumonia just set me back a bit in my preparedness.
I had just recovered from last week's marathon-o-parties when we set out again last night. Kyle and I were invited to an event by our life insurance agent which included dinner at the Hobby Center's restaurant, Artista, and tickets to the Sound of Music. Wouldn't you like to have that kind of life insurance? We even got to invite a couple to go with us so it was like a double date with Kristen and Tony (without the kids) for free! It was so nice to see a show and I recommend it if you get a chance to see it. I kept wanting to bust out Julie Andrews-style and sing all the familiar songs. "THE HILLS ARE ALIVE.....WITH THE SOUND OF MUUUUUSIC"
HOWEVER, as I'm standing there eating dessert during intermission at 9 PM it hits me that I completely forgot to bake the cookies for John's teachers as their end-of-semester Christmas gift. OH NO! Today was the last day of school. Panic attack! I MUST bring a teacher gift. What kind of ungrateful parent am I if I don't bring something? As soon as we got home from the play I started making the cookie batter. Then I woke up at 7 AM this morning (which is way early for me) to bake the cookies. YIKES. Christmas disaster averted.
Today was also the day of the much anticipated Christmas program at John's Mother's Day Out. Since he repeated the class, he did the same Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star routine as last year....however this year he chose not to participate with hand motions. What can I say? He is his own man.
And the man preferred to watch the show rather than participate....
Unfortunately, I was caught up using my new camera that I forgot to take the video until the end of the song so I only have a video of him sitting on the steps which is not too exciting.

2 comments:
We saw the show on Sunday and I felt the same way! I could hardly stop myself from singing "so long, farewell..." :)
ps - your tree is adorable!
sorry we never saw you guys at the school program! i was laughing at the solemn bethancourt. better than the michaelis boy who wouldn't wear a costume or sing. gotta love those boys!
Post a Comment