Friday, September 18, 2009

It's Been A While

We're still here...it's been busy since we've been back from California...

John started back at his regular school, he's starting to form 3 and 4 words sentences which is fun. He always surprises us with some new insight on the world.

Anna is starting to eat a few solid foods...banana (video to come!) and some rice cereal. She's starting to try to sit up but still falls over quite a bit. She has also decided that sleeping isn't really her thing. She was sleeping 12 hours a night until a few weeks ago. Now she prefers to keep me on my toes with a random spattering of wake ups during the night. Sometimes she laughs at me when I come in, sometimes she's hungry, and sometimes she just goes back to bed easily. It's a very cruel guessing game for her to play on me in the dead of night especially when I'm groggy and tired. I guess she's complicated, like most women are, right?

She makes me laugh when I go check on her in the morning or during a nap and I expect to see her asleep but instead she is just laying there on her back, eyes wide open. She's very quiet and looks like she's trying to eavesdrop through the walls to know what's going on in the house (typical nosy woman) like she's thinking "what are those people doing out there and when will they figure out I'm AWAKE! hee hee". Then when she sees me peek over the crib she cracks up laughing and kicks her legs like she's delighted I finally caught on to her game. It's quite funny!

I've just not been on the blogging bandwagon since the little people keep sleeping opposite of each other which means from about 11 AMto 5 PM some little body is napping in this house. Doesn't leave me with much free time.

Also, pictures are forthcoming....I've not been to motivated to use my old camera since giving back the Nikon rental. The pictures that come out of my point and shoot are quite disappointing...mostly of the kids. It is way easier to capture the kid moments in low lighting with that super fast camera. But I digress....

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin